PLEASE NOTE : AS WE ARE AN AUCTION HOUSE WE ARE THE MIDDLE MAN. PLEASE DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE PRICE YOUR ITEM MAY SELL FOR, AS IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHO WANTS IT ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY, AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME. IF YOU WANT RETAIL PRICES FOR YOUR ITEM PLEASE CONSIDER SELLING IT PRIVATELY
Vendor Terms and Conditions
PAYMENTS ARE MADE 19 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE AUCTION YOUR ITEM SOLD IN. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COLLECT THIS IN CASH FROM US UNLESS YOU CALL TO GIVE US BANK TRANSFER DETAILS
1. Each lot will be charged a standard £1.75 lotting fee (payable whether the item sells or not). Commission is charged to the Vendor at 15% of the final price per lot. (VAT may be charged if applicable)
2. Items for sale must be consigned to the sale room by any stated deadline and at your expense, We may be able to assist you with this process but any liability incurred to a carrier for haulage charges is solely your responsibility.
3. Goods are left at own risk and the auctioneer advises that items of greater value carry their own insurance at cost to the Vendor. Hazy-Maes Auctions accept no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred. Procedures are in place to safeguard this where possible.
4. The Vendor is entitled to place prior to the auction a reserve on any lot consigned, being the minimum hammer price at which that lot may be sold. Reserves must be reasonable and if an item goes unsold you, as the Vendor, accept responsibility for removal of the said goods. Although the £1.50 lotting fee will still be charged.
5. Electrical items are accepted for sale with a PAT test check, however if no test is in place plugs may be removed at the discretion of the Auction house. PAT testing can be carried out by the Auction house for a fee of £4.00 per item payable upon submission.Items should be working with a label stating this however we do not guarantee any items once removed from the sale room.
6. Soft furnishings are sold at the auctioneer's discretion. Please check suitability with the Auctioneer before entering these items.
7. Descriptions will be basic, It is up to the Vendor to notify the Auctioneer if specific information is to be included in a description of an item. There is strict liability for the accuracy of descriptions under modern consumer legislation and in some circumstances responsibility lies with the Vendor if inaccuracies occur.
8. If an item is unsold it may with your consent be re-offered at a future sale. Subject to further costs.If however we do not hear from you we will re-submit items at our discretion .
9. You, as the Vendor, agree that you have the right to sell the goods, either as owner or agent for the owner. You undertake to compensate us and any Buyer or third party for all losses, liabilities and expenses incurred in respect of and as a result of any breach of this undertaking.
10 You authorise us to deduct commission at the stated rate and all expenses incurred for your account from the hammer price and consent to our right to retain beneficially the premium paid by the Buyer.
11. After sale, settlement of the net sum due to you normally takes place 18 days after the date of the sale and unless the buyer has not paid for the goods. In this case no settlement will be made but we will take your instruction in the collection or resale of the item. You authorise any sums owed by you to us on other transactions to be deducted from the sale proceeds. It is your responsibility to collect the cash on or after the date due.
12. Unsold items left with us for more than 7 days after the sale with No instruction at our discretion will be disposed of or sold at our next public sale at a cost to yourselves, We do not wish this to happen, but have no storage room so please make sure you are aware of this.
Charges may apply to disposed items.
13. A £3.00 charge will be applied to unsold items with a reserve
14. No reserves of less than £10 will be put onto goods for sale
By entering goods for sale you agree to these terms and conditions.